Radian offers engineering design & support that includes both mechanical design and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis. This design service can be used on precision casting and machining products or our thermal products. If you have your own "build to print" design we will also provide “Design For Manufacturing” guidelines.
Radian Engineers use Solidworks as their main model program, and we can work on existing designs if a STP file is sent. STP files are used to store 3D image data in an ASCII format, following the standards defined in ISO 10303-21 : Clear Text Encoding of the Exchange Structure.
Radian offers detailed thermal analysis and validation services using powerful Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) from Ansys and proprietary simulation packages. With this effective modeling technology, our thermal design engineers can asses your designs throughout the development cycle - at Component, Board and System levels.
Thermal Engineering Design
When our Engineering team starts a thermal design project it is very important that the customer has thought about a few factors such as:
- Space Available: Width, Length, & Height
- Power of the source in Watts, and size.
- Air Speed in LFM & Direction of Air Flow
- Maximum Operating Case or Junction Temperature
- Local Ambient Temperature
- Preferred attachment method
- Thermal Interface Properties
- Estimated Annual Usage & budget